Nossa Senhora da Piedade Church

Nossa Senhora da Piedade Church

The main church, also known as Nossa Senhora da Piedade Church, is one of the most important monuments of Porto Santo Island.

This chapel was one of the first ones in Porto Santo and it was built in 1430.

In 1667, the church was burned down by pirates. The local people then rebuilt the church that we know today.

Inside the church, there are magnificent altars and paintings, designed by Martim Conrado and Max Romer.

Accommodations nearby :