Travel Guides >
Monuments, Churches, Chapels, Fortresses in Madeira Island
Initially, in XVII century, the Arco de São Jorge Parish had a Chapel dedicated to the Our Lady of Mercy.
Nowadays, nothing remains of this Chapel, unless the local name, Ermida site here she existed.
Only later, in 1744, that was built the actual parish church of Arco de São Jorge.