Travel Guides

 


Travel Guides > Monuments, Churches, Chapels, Fortresses in Madeira Island

Statue of João Gonçalves Zarco


The statue is located between Arriaga and Zarco Avenues. The foundation stone was laid on December 29, 1922, and it was officially inaugurated on May 28, 1934.

The statute is made of bronze with a limestone base, with four allegorical figures in relief, representing Colonization, Conquest, Wisdom and Christianisation.



SPECIAL OFFER - 5% DISCOUNT ON ALL ACCOMMODATIONS

Use the code 5_OFF on the Booking form.
This is a special campain which can be canceled any moment.